Evaluation of Preliminary Task

11:23

Describe your brief?:
Our brief was to film someone walking through a door, sitting down opposite someone else and exchanging a few lines of conversation.  I found the task to be a good introduction to Media Studies AS.
Summarise the equipment and the software you used - what was new to you and what did you learn from it?:
I used the school's camera, which was new to me as I had never used a video camera like that before. I learnt how to turn on automatic focus and also how to use the tripod. I edited it with the software iMovie. This was not new to me as I have a Mac computer home which I have used to edit silly trailers and movies in the past for my personal entertainment as well as a history project a few years ago.
How did you plan the task? How was your planning useful to you and did you divert from it at all?:
I planned the task using a simple storyboard, then I wrote the script. I stuck to these completely as these were what I gave my actors before filming. It was useful as it got me thinking like a director.
How do you think the task might inform the next step in planning your film opening?:
I think it has helped me to start thinking about film making. Since I have never done Media before, it has introduced me to some new terms such as 'continuity editing' and shot names like 'match on action'. I think it has also given me experience in planning using storyboards as well as directing a film. Furthermore, this task has give me experience in using a video camera, iMovie and a tripod.


You Might Also Like

0 comments